Accessible Customer Service Plan
Spartan Bioscience is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
We will ensure that our staff is trained and familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods and services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises.
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities, a notice will be posted on in our facility and/or our website, as applicable.
Spartan Bioscience will provide training to all employees, volunteers and others who deal with the public or other third parties on our behalf. Training will also be provided to people involved in the development of policies, plans, practices and procedures related to the provision of our goods and services. Staff will also be trained when changes are made to our plan. This training will be provided to staff within 3 months of being hired.
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard.
- Spartan’s plan related to the customer service standard.
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities.
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person.
- How to assist with providing goods or services to people with disabilities.
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Spartan’s goods or services.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Spartan Bioscience provides goods and services to people with disabilities can contact Paul Markell via email at email@example.com. Complaints will be addressed according to our organization's regular complaint management procedures. Customers can expect to hear back in 3 – 5 business days.
Spartan Bioscience will notify the public that our policies are available upon request by contacting Paul Markell via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any policy of Spartan Bioscience that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.